The way it is....

A blog that is mostly surrounding my obsession with Games Workshop's many, many fine products but will occasionally feature posts about my many other geeky hobbies!

Labels

Sunday 24 January 2010

Progress Update

So another weekend rapidly draws to a close and I have shockingly actually managed to get some work done on my Tau. In total we have another Devilfish and 6 Firewarriors painted and 4 Pathfinders prepped for painting.







Ok, for the Pathfinder's what I've done is converted some spare bit's I had lying around from Fire Warrior leftovers and Hammerhead crew, I'm using the bonding knife from the Firewarrior sprues on the end of the Pulse Carbines to represent a markerlight node. I'm tempted to paint them with a slightly different style to the Firewarriors to mark them out as different at a glance but as yet I'm undecided on exactly what I'm going to do.



The current aim is to get a 1000 point list painted and ready that will form the core of my army, I can then work on scalling that up to 1500 points and beyond!

The list I have in mind will contain the following models:

2 x Devil Fish (Painted!)
12 x Fire Warriors (Painted!)
1 x Hammerhead (Painted!)
4 x Crisis Suits (Not Painted)
4 x Pathfinders (Not Painted)
4 x Shield Drones (Not Painted)

The only stumbling blocks I have at the moment are that I'm one Crisis Suit short (trip to GW tomorrow on lunch break methinks!) and that I idealy want to magnetise my suits before I start painting them but I'm waiting on the magnets just now - all being well they should be here by the end of the week though so once I have em in my grubby little mits I should be able to rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment