The way it is....

A blog that is mostly surrounding my obsession with Games Workshop's many, many fine products but will occasionally feature posts about my many other geeky hobbies!

Labels

Thursday 8 July 2010

League Update and Getting My Arse Into Gear


So many projects, soooo little time! This last month has been a touch crazy and I've found myself falling behind with several of my projects but July will be a productive month......maybe!

League Completion!

That’s right folks we have finally managed to finish our little league and as you can see on the table at the top of this blog I finished dead last. The last game I had was against Neil’s Ork's with my Tau, the game was pretty damn close to be fair but as per usual the game went all the way to turn 7 and I just didn't have enough stuff left by this point to pull a draw out of the bag (although at the end of turn 5 or 6 I would have managed the draw). Congrats to Brad who's Space Wolves managed an unparalleled dominance over the league.

Toy Soldier

I, along with Brad and Neil, will be attending the 40k tournament at the Toy Soldier convention at the end of July. This tournament will see 5 games played over 2 days and it's allegedly rather a fun weekend. I'll be running a 1745 point Blood Angels army which is made up as follows:

HQ:
Librarian (Powers: Blood Lance, Sanguine Sword, Jump Pack                            125 Points
5 x Honour Guard with Jump Packs (1 x Sanguinary Novitiate, 1 x Bolt Pistol + Chain Sword, 3 x Meltagun)                                                                                                                                195 Points

Troops:
10 x Assault Marines (7 x Bolt Pistol + Chain Sword, 2 x Meltagun, 1 x Sergeant with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol)                                                                                                                                        235 Points
10 x Assault Marines (7 x Bolt Pistol + Chain Sword, 2 x Meltagun, 1 x Sergeant with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol)                                                                                                                                        235 Points
10 x Assault Marines (7 x Bolt Pistol + Chain Sword, 2 x Meltagun, 1 x Sergeant with Power Fist and Bolt Pistol)                                                                                                                                        235 Points

Elites:
3 x Sanguinary Priests (3 x Power Sword + Bolt Pistol, 3 x Jump Packs)         270 Points
5 x Sanguinary Guard (no options taken)                                                                    200 Points

Fast Attack
1 x Landspeeder (Heavy Flamer + Multi Melta)                                                        70 Points
1 x Landspeeder (Heavy Bolter + Typhoon Missile Launcher)                            90 Points
1 x Landspeeder (Heavy Bolter + Typhoon Missile Launcher)                            90 Points

Those of you who used to follow Neil Kerr’s Pink Tyranids blog when it was still online will recognise most of the elements of this list as I have shamelessly copied it!! I'm hoping this will do quite well but I'm still finding it somewhat difficult to decide when to be very aggressive and when not to be (I seem to have always picked the wrong strategy to date!!).

Getting Blood Angels Army Finished

I still need to get my last few Blood Angels painted for the above army list (specifically 3 x Sanguinary Guard and 3 x Landspeeders) and I'm hoping to get them finished in the next week or so but the Sanguinary Guard will all look a little something like this:






I'm very pleased with the way these guys have turned out and I'm really looking forwards to getting the full unit finished. I'm hoping to re-do my Honour guard using the same technique as these guys but I think I'll be rocking on down to Toy Soldier with them as is.

Warhammer Fantasy Battle 8th Edition

Well I've got a fair sized Dwarf army sat in my house still boxed almost 2 years after I bought them and it seems like impending release of 8th Edition has generated enough interest amongst the chaps that I need to get my arse into gear and get these painted (well, built and then painted!! lol). We are going to be kicking off another League to motivate us into getting stuff painted and hopefully getting allot of games in!


Right, that's it for now - the only other thing to mention is that I really do hope to get more posts up this month so watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment